Spring Ordeal Weekend
Starts: 6:30 pm Friday, May 17, 2013
Ends: 11:00 am Sunday, May 19, 2013
Check in at Foster Dining Hall to indicate where you plan to stay and to make sure that site has adult supervision. As members of Scouting’s National Honor Society, please clean up your sleeping area before you leave camp on Sunday.
Items to bring to camp with you:
· Field Uniform (Class A Uniform) and OA Sash
· Any gear you would normally take on a weekend camping trip.
· Personal hygiene items
· Medication you will need during the weekend
· Work Gloves and any protective gear you have that would be used for work projects listed below.
Please note: A lot of work requires gloves and the camp does not have enough to supply all crews. Bring your own and make sure they have your name on them.
Potential Weekend Work Projects
· Set Up Tents and Tent Platforms
· Trash pick-up
· Pool area projects
· Trail maintenance, ceremonial site maintenance
· Woodcutting Detail (must be over 21 and wear protective gear to use chain saw & log splitter)
· Lawn Maintenance (must be over 21 and wear protective gear to use lawn mower & weed trimmer)
· Other projects not listed
Special Note to Parents
Some work crews may be asked to help at Camp Kirby. If any crews are sent to Camp Kirby, the drivers will be over 21 and will follow all transportation requirements listed in the BSA Guide to Safe Scouting. Please indicate on the registration form if you give permission for your son to be part of an adult supervised Camp Kirby Work Crew.
Reminder: Brothers and their gear must be dropped off at the Ockanickon parking lot on State Park Road. No cars are allowed in camp. Pick-up on Sunday will also be at the parking lot – please do not drive into camp.